Random Kid of the Month: Riley Page

Each month the Sentinel likes to spotlight one random student. The process is completely arbitrary and for this month I sat down with new freshman Riley Page to get to know her a little bit better. Here is our interview:

How many years have you been at St. Luke’s?

This is my first year at St. Luke’s.

What school did you come from?

West Rocks in Norwalk.

What’s your favorite holiday?

Christmas, you get the most presents at Christmas. My second favorite is my birthday. Is that a holiday? It’s all about me…

What movie would you be in if you could be in any?

I don’t know… Titanic. No wait…I would be in Mean Girls

Which person would you be in mean girls?

I’d be Caren…or Gretchen. I wouldn’t be Regina, she’s too mean. I’d probably be Gretchen.

How many siblings do you have? How old are they?

I have two brothers named Ryan and Colin. Ryan is 21 and Colin is 19.

Where do they go to college?

One is at Nazareth college and one is at Keene State in New Hampshire.

What’s one thing on your bucket list? Do you have a bucket list?

Not really, but there are things that I want to do. I want to go skydiving, but I am way too scared. One day I will.

What’s your biggest fear or one of your fears?

Spiders. I hate spiders.

What about snakes?

Yes, snakes are scary, but it depends on where you are. If they are outside then yes, but if they are pet snakes, like in a cage, then those are not that bad.

What if someone had a pet spider?

Ew, that’s gross. Don’t have a pet spider. I just hate spiders…they’re so weird. Why do they have so many legs? Why do they hate me? They creep me out.

What’s the most painful thing that has ever happened to you?

When I cracked my chin open twice. [points to chin scars]

How did you crack it open the first time?

Well, I used to skateboard and I was skateboarding for both of them. So, the first time, I was on a ramp and then this mean kid, I don’t actually know him, wasn’t paying attention. He was on his phone, while skateboarding. I was halfway down and I couldn’t stop and he didn’t see me. So, he was just chilling there and I hit him.

Was he ok?

Yeah he was ok.

Is that why you don’t skateboard anymore?

Yeah, and I just lost interest. I didn’t want to get hurt and then interfere with softball.

What about the second time?

I was at my friends house and he built a ramp, but it was really [terrible] and my parents came to pick me up. I was like Mom ‘look at this, I’m so cool’ and then the wheels hit the front of it, but it wasn’t all the way on the ground and I flew off of it. It hurt.

Which time hurt more?

I think the second time hurt more because I went off of it then down. I was scraped up everywhere. One of them was worse and I had to get plastic surgery.

Were you young?

For the first one, I was in, maybe, second grade and the second time, I was in third or fourth grade.

Do you have any pets?

I have a dog named Mac.

Who named your dog?

My brother’s friend because none of us could come with a name. Then he shouted it out and my dad said, “We’ll go with that”. I’m not pleased with it. I wanted the name Lucky. I don’t know why. He’s a golden retriever.

Where would you go if you could anywhere?

I want to go to Africa to see the elephant that I want to adopt…mainly for the stuffed animal.

If you had a robot that you could program to do two things, what would those two things be?

I would have it do my homework and take me places.

What’s your TV show?

One Tree Hill. I love One Tree Hill. I’ve watched it like 5 times.
Claire Wilson, Staff Writer

Posted by on May 2, 2016. Filed under Just 4 Fun. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry

You must be logged in to post a comment Login