Evening of the Arts

Eliza Posner Sky #6

Painting by Eliza Posner ’16

This week marks the start of Visual Arts week here on the hilltop. This entire week will be full of artistic inspiration, with visiting local artists Nancy Moore and Paul Taylor. Nancy Moore is a prolific artist, curator of art exhibitions and editor at Yale University Press. She will be giving a Lunch and Lead on Thursday to tell her personal story of how she became an artist, and share with us artworks addressing issues of identity. Paul Taylor is one of the world’s foremost experts in the early 18th Century photographic processes of Photogravure, Wet Plate Collodion and Platinum Palladium Printing. He will be the visiting artist in residence at St. Luke’s on Tuesday and will be giving a Lunch and Lead called “Stumbling Into Art.” At the end of the week on Friday, there will be an afternoon dedicated to theatre previews, a composer concert, and  an exhibition of student work throughout the year. These events will take place after school and are open to all students, family, and friends. This evening is dedicated to appreciating the arts at St. Luke’s. The Evening of the Arts gives students the chance to showcase their work throughout the year and acknowledge, observe, and be inspired by other’s artwork. For seniors, this will mark their final high school art exhibition. Some of the spotlighted seniors include Eliza Posner, Kathleen Neustaetter, and Paige Ballard.

Paige Ballard

Painting by Paige Ballard ’16

Kathleen Neustaetter

Photography by Kathleen Neustaetter ’16

The schedule for Evening of the Arts: Friday, April 15th

3:00 – Scenes from the Upper School Acting Class (held in the Black Box Theatre).

3:30 to 4:15 – Composers Concert (held in the Seldin Performing Arts Center).

4:15 to 5:15 – Senior Solo Show Opening and Spring Art Exhibition Opening Reception (held in the Fireplace Commons).

Isabelle Stone, Staff Writer

Posted by on April 11, 2016. Filed under School News. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry

You must be logged in to post a comment Login