Science Department Houses New Espresso Machine

While most students return from winter break with heavy hearts and even heavier eyelids, the Science Office appears to be a bit more alert than usual. In the fight against the winter drudge and post-holiday blues, Mr. Mitchell has brought in an espresso machine—a vintage model, all the way from 2004. His advisory (full of caffeine addicts) was beyond thrilled. Lexi Zargar, one of Mr. Mitchell’s advisees, declared: “The espresso machine has changed my life for the better.” Of course, there is free coffee in the cafeteria, but nothing compares to a freshly brewed, scrumptious espresso.

The soon-to-be world-famous espresso machine.

Now, you may wander into to the office to find Mr. Mitchell playing barista. His latté making skills have become quite impressive and he says it is, in fact, he himself who frequents the espresso machine most often. As far as Mr. Mitchell knows, members of other departments have not yet attempted to sneak in and steal any of the delicious coffee. That said, the Sentinel predicts an uptake in popularity—economics teacher and CFL Director Mr. Foley was spotted taking a few sips from the machine under the watchful eye of Mr. Mitchell.

When asked if he was at all concerned about hyperactivity in the office as a result of the new infusion of espresso, Mr. Mitchell replied: “That is the least of my worries in the Science Office.” Given the eternally stoic dispositions of teachers like Mr. LeBris and Dr. Warner, Mr. Mitchell’s lack of concern seems warranted—at least for now.

Fellow department head Mr. Flachsbart inquired if Mr. Mitchell now felt superior to the other departments with his new machine. Chuckling, the Science Office chair stated: “We already felt superior to the other departments without all our fancy machines. It is just the icing on the cake.”

Ann Abbott Freeman, Staff Writer

Posted by on January 17, 2013. Filed under School News. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry

You must be logged in to post a comment Login