Winter Sports Captains

The winter season for St. Luke’s athletics is finally upon us. The captains for each of the school’s teams are elected by their teammates, and have the responsibility of being a leader. Here is a rundown of each team’s captains, and their outlook for the season ahead.
Men’s Basketball Captains: Adam Connolly and Jackson Prince 
Adam Connolly is a returning starter, who has played varsity basketball since freshman year. He is the only senior captain on this year’s team. Adam brings both size and skill to the court, as team’s premier big man. Connolly had a lot to say about the season, “ I’m really excited for this season. We have a great group of young guys who will succeed in the future. This season we’re really looking forward to our shot as a legitimate contender in the FAA. We lost a lot of guys to graduation, but our team this year will definitely shock some people.” Jackson Prince is the other captain for the men’s squad. Jackson hopes to bring strong ball control as well as proficient shooting as the team’s point guard.
Girls Basketball Captains: KC Kelly and Bria Yarborough
KC Kelly is a returning junior starter for the girl’s basketball team. Bria Yarborough, the senior captain for the group, hopes to bring a wealth of experience and knowledge to the team. Both girls hope they can build off of last season’s second half success. According to Bria, “Last year was a building year, so we are definitely a lot more prepared for this season”
Girl’s Squash Captains: Kelly Seaver, Charlotte Seiler, Anne Troy.

This senior trio are all experienced members of the GVST, and hope to continue their success from previous years. Captain Charlotte Seiler had this to say about their upcoming season, “Even though we are down three members from last year who constituted the top of our ladder, we are looking forward to a really strong and fun season. We have a few new members to the team who look really promising and as of right now we are 2-0, so we really hope to keep up our winning streak this Thursday at our match against Rye Country Day”

Alex Kamisher, Boys Varsity Squash Captain

Boys Varsity Squash Captains: Alex Kamisher & Christian Walsh.

The Men’s squash team is a very young squad, who will have big shoes to fill with last year’s seniors graduating. Captain Alex Kamisher seemed well aware of the challenges the team must overcome, “Our team is really young this year. Our oldest players are Christian (Walsh), Robert (Morris), and I, while the youngest are 8th graders. We are pretty determined to do well but it is gonna be a tough year since James Watson and I are the only ones who were on the starting 7 last year for varsity.”

As for the Varsity Ski team and Varsity Hockey team, the captains have yet to be selected. This year’s group of winter captains exemplifies the student-athlete at St. Luke’s. Congratulations to all of the captains on their respective elections, and good luck in the upcoming season!

Mack Dowling, Sports Editor

Posted by on December 6, 2011. Filed under Sports. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry

You must be logged in to post a comment Login